Tuesday 3 August 2010

Still waiting


I hate to say it, but we’re still waiting. I can’t believe how long this pregnancy would be. It feels as if I’ve been expecting to give birth for more then 4 weeks now. Every night when I go to bed I’m disappointed nothing has started during the day, and every morning when I wake up I’m disappointed I haven’t been woken up by some activities during the night.
Today I called my midwife in desperation and told her that she needed to do something drastically before I go completely crazy. I was lucky to get a time in the afternoon the same day. We had a long talk and she could nothing but understand my frustration. She had a good feel on the stomach and could confirm that it’s not a monster-big baby, but it’s not a small one either. Around 3,9-4kg was her guess. And a 4kg baby has passed through ones, just, so another one around the same size isn’t making me very nervous. But he’s not getting smaller for every day that goes by, so he better pull himself together and get out of my body!!!! SOON, please!!! The midwife could also confirm that I’m open 3-4 cm and it feels as if my body is preparing it selves for birth in secret. Internal my body is well on its way, but without any labour pains what so ever. So ones it get started I guess we won’t have much time to waste.

What isn’t making life easier is that Daniel is back to work now and Kevin has another week holiday before going back to day-care. So I’m all by my self, bigger and more tired then ever, trying to pep myself and save energy for the enormous performance of giving birth at the same time as trying to make the days go by with allot of fun and activities for Kevin so he’s the least effected of my status.

Tonight I made a Sunday roast which we enjoyed before ending up in the sofa. This is how tired my boys are at 7.30pm at night. Half an hour later Kevin is sound asleep in his bed and an hour after that Daniel and I are in bed half asleep as well.
Where did the energetic Family Berg go?!?!?!?!

No comments: