Sunday 11 July 2010

Extreme heat


Our favourite activity seems to be bringing bread rolls to people without notice! But so far it's been so much appreciated so why not take the advantage of waking up early in the morning and go by the bakery and surprise someone with fresh bread in the morning? And today it was time again to surprise Fam Persson. But we had to give them 5 min to wake up first because we got there a little too early then their plan to get up. Ups! But we got welcomes in and had a fantastic breakfast together.
Then we went home to start cleaning our wooden deck. I and Kevin took care of the deck while Daniel went to buy windows and a door to our garden shed. Kevin got bored after 2 min so I did it myself while he discovered the activity of climbing our apple tree’s. First he asked if he was allowed to climb in the tree (good boy he is!). Since climbing tree’s was the best thing I knew when I was a child (and still do) I had to tell him it was perfectly ok to climb our tree’s. Without him noticing I was looking at him I could follow a goal-orientated 3-year-old for 30 min figuring out how to climb the tree. I could tell he was about to give up several times, but he was too curious about this new challenge he'd been given the allowance to do. In the end he climbed all the way up and all the way down successfully. You can just imagine his smile when he came running and told me he'd been climbing the tree!!! It's hard to realize that your little son has become a big boy busy discovering new challenges in life.
We had to take a break and drive to mum and Klas swimming pool to cool down for an hour before going back home. Daniel continued with the garden shed while Kevin played with Matilda, the girl next door.
From one second to another later in the evening a thunder with lightning went loose. The extreme heat we've had this weekend has its negative sides as well. But it cleared the air for the night, which I guess we were all very pleased about.

No comments: