Tuesday 11 January 2011

The night of contrasts

I think I've experienced the night of contrasts tonight. I don't think it has ever happened that Kevin has gone to bed crying. But tonight we had an unnecessary fight over his laciness. (wonder where he has got that from!! ;o)) He couldn't be bothered changing to pyjamas. I said that I could help him but I then wouldn't read more then one book for him since I know that he can easily change to pyjamas and has been able to do so for more then a year. He said he wanted both. But since I'm still the most stubborn of us two, I won. I helped him with his clothes, but only read one book. He bawled and cried when I read the book AND when I said goodnight AND for another 15 minutes when he eventually came up. I followed him to bed again and stayed with him until he was calm and fell asleep. I guess I just experienced a typical behaviour of a 4-year-old who's testing a tired mother.
But 5 minutes after the incident with Kevin I had below moment with Oliver. Thank God the negative moments are mixed with moments like the video below. This makes you realize that you love your kids more then you can ever imagine no matter what kind of fights you have.
Hope you can see the video! Enjoy!

No comments: