Thursday 13 May 2010

A day without plans



Holiday today which means no work, no stress, no musts and for once in my lifetime I had nothing planned! It felt strange but really good. I wouldn’t want all holidays and weekend days to be without plans, but once in a while would do me good.
Daniel was up at 3am to go to Germany to fill up our beer-storage.
Kevin and I started the day with a long bath together. There’s not very much space for Kevin anymore since I’m filling out most of the bathtub. But he insists that mum and the baby join him, so in we jump!
Then my dear friend that I know from my vaulting time, Jenny, joined us for a long relaxing breakfast. Great to catch up with friends that you don’t see as often as you want to.
When she was on her way out of the door, Kevin’s friend Alma called and asked if Kevin wanted to play. Of course he wanted to. The following hours they ran around the garden, jumping on the trampoline, swinging in the swing, drank home-made fruit smoothie, throwing balls and toys all around the place…. Daniel got back from Germany with allot of beer, so now you better feel like a beer when visiting us coz that’s most likely what we’ll be serving. But he went straight out on the golf course.
Alma, Anna, Kevin and I enjoyed a simple bruchetta-lunch together before they went home and Kevin finally could relax enough to snooze for an hour. Daniel got back just in time to mow the lawn while I cleaned the house.
Then I started to prepare the dinner with the use of my new meat thermometer that I got from my dad last week. We were going to have fillet of beef. I sat the thermometer on beef and medium rear….. and 40 min later it beeped and I could proudly serve the best fillet I’ve ever made! My meat thermometer is by far my new favourite tool in the kitchen. Just in time for dinner Chrille and Klas came and ate with us before parking themselves in front of the TV to watch World Championship in Ice-Hockey Sweden against Czech Republic. We lost :o(

No comments: